Communication in an organisation, as in life, is very important, so here are some tips that can help you to maintain a clean flow of conversation.
- Make correct use of capital letters.
- Use punctuation marks (commas, full stops, exclamations…).
- Structure what you want to write. A clear and concise message helps more than a long text.
- Use text personalisation (bold, italics, bullets, etc.) to stylise your message.
- The use of emojis gives more visibility to your message (depending on the content of your message, use them responsibly).
- Reactions to messages often help to close conversations.
- Highlight the key points of your message.
- Use channels to communicate effectively on different topics, projects, etc.
- Add files to your message to make it easier to understand.
- Create conversation threads in messages to keep the initial conversation clean.
- Make use of audio and video clips to make the message more personal or to help you with an explanation.
- Remember that you have the Board option to discuss issues via call or video call.
- Save important messages or anchor them to the conversation to make it easier to find them in the future.
- Mention the people to whom the message is addressed.
- Try to resolve conflicts, not create them. Always congratulate in public, correct in private.