In this lesson we will look at the steps of how we can create a new Padlet board and start to use it.
To create a new Padlet board, go to the Padlet website and click on “Create a Padlet.” Choose a board layout, customise the board settings, and add a title and description. Then, you can start adding content to your board.
- Sign up for a Padlet account: To use Padlet, you’ll need to create an account. You can do this by going to the Padlet website (https://padlet.com/) and clicking on the “Sign up” button in the top right corner. You can sign up with your email, Facebook, Google, or Microsoft account.
- Create a Padlet board: Once you’re signed in, you can create a new Padlet board. To do this, click on the “Make a Padlet” button on the homepage. You’ll be prompted to choose a layout for your board, such as a grid, a stream, or a canvas.
- Customise your board: Once you’ve created your board, you can customise it by changing the background color, adding a title, and choosing a cover image. You can also add a description to provide context for your board.
- Add content to your board: Now it’s time to add content to your board. You can do this by clicking on the “+” icon on the board and selecting the type of content you want to add, such as text, images, videos, links, or files. You can also add content by dragging and dropping it onto the board.
- Organise your content: Once you’ve added content to your board, you can organise it by dragging and dropping it into different sections or categories. You can also resize and rearrange your content by clicking and dragging the edges of the items.
- Collaborate with others: One of the great features of Padlet is that it allows you to collaborate with others in real-time. To invite others to your board, click on the “Share” button and choose how you want to share your board, such as by email, link, or social media. You can also set permissions for each user, such as allowing them to edit or only view your board.
- Use Padlet for different purposes: Padlet can be used for a variety of purposes, such as brainstorming, note-taking, project management, event planning, and more. Explore the different features and templates available on Padlet to find the best use for your needs.
That’s it! Now you know how to use Padlet to create and collaborate on boards for any purpose.