Collaboration is a powerful feature of Padlet that allows multiple users to contribute, edit, and interact with the same board simultaneously. In this lesson, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of inviting others to collaborate on a Padlet board.
Step 1: Access Your Padlet Board:
- Log in to your Padlet account and navigate to the board you want to invite others to collaborate on.
- Ensure that you have the necessary editing permissions for the board.
Step 2: Open the Collaborators Panel:
- Locate the sidebar on the right-hand side of the board interface.
- Click on the “Collaborators” icon, usually represented by an icon with multiple users or a silhouette.
Step 3: Invite Collaborators:
- In the Collaborators panel, you will find options to invite collaborators through email or by sharing a link.
- To invite via email:
- Click on the “Invite by Email” button.
- Enter the email addresses of the individuals you want to invite, separating multiple addresses with commas.
- Optionally, customise the invitation message to provide context or instructions.
- Click “Send” to send the invitations.
- To invite via link:
- Click on the “Share Link” button.
- A unique link to the Padlet board will be generated.
- Copy the link and share it with the individuals you want to invite through your preferred communication channel, such as email, messaging apps, or collaboration platforms.
Step 4: Manage Collaborators:
- In the Collaborators panel, you will see a list of the current collaborators on the board.
- To remove a collaborator, hover over their name and click the “X” icon next to their name.
- To adjust a collaborator’s permissions, click on the drop-down menu next to their name and select the desired permission level (e.g., Editor, Viewer).
Step 5: Collaborate and Communicate:
- Once your collaborators receive the invitation, they can access the Padlet board using the link provided or by logging into their Padlet accounts.
- Collaborators can add, edit, and interact with the content on the board simultaneously.
- Utilise the commenting feature within Padlet to communicate, ask questions, provide feedback, or discuss specific elements on the board.
Congratulations! You have learned how to invite others to collaborate on a Padlet board. Collaboration brings together multiple perspectives and fosters teamwork, making Padlet a powerful tool for group projects, brainstorming sessions, or interactive discussions. Use the steps outlined in this lesson to invite collaborators and enjoy the benefits of collaborative work on Padlet