Team volunteering activities in high priority areas will be aimed at:
- address clearly defined and unresolved societal challenges in the field of “emergency assistance to people fleeing armed conflicts and other victims of natural or man-made disasters” or “prevention, promotion and support in the field of health”;
- bring tangible benefits to the communities in which the activities are carried out;
- ensure direct contact between the participant and the beneficiaries of the solidarity-based activities, so that the participant acquires skills useful for his/her educational and social development;
reach out to young people with fewer opportunities, including refugees, asylum seekers and migrants;
- promote diversity, intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, EU upheld values of human dignity, freedom, equality and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities, as well as projects enhancing media literacy, critical thinking and initiative of young people;
- strengthen the capacity and international outreach of participating organisations;
- increase young volunteers’ awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries, giving them the opportunity to build international networks, to participate actively in society and to develop an awareness of European citizenship and identity.